Article publié le 03-05-2019.
Many of you already have a bank account with Desjardins. Not only are they a trusted financial institution, famous for great customer service, well-established in Quebec and throughout Canada, but they also waive all banking fees for a year for new customers (more info here).
But wait, there’s more—Desjardins now offers new Working Holiday and Young Professionals customers 1 free month of Globe WHV insurance coverage (a CAD$45 value), a policy designed for those travelling to Canada with an IEC visa (Working Holiday, Young Professionals and International Co-Op).
Who is eligible?
- New customers who are not already members of Desjardins.
- Working Holiday or Young Professionals permit holders from 18 to 35 years old.
- Citizens from those countries: United Kingdom, Ireland, France and Belgium.
How do I get this deal?
Before December 31, 2019:
1. Purchase your Globe WHV insurance policy (12-month contract minimum).
2. Open an eligible EOP individual account at a Desjardins branch in Quebec. You can open an account online using this link, or go to 1101 rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest, Montreal (Quebec) H3B 1J4 and meet with a member of the Newcomers to Canada team.
3. If you opened your account online, send scans of the proof of Globe WHV insurance policy purchase, your passport and your Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction to the Desjardins Newcomers to Canada team using this email address: [email protected] If you’re dropping by the Montreal branch to open your account, bring your proof of Globe WHV insurance policy purchase.
4. Finalize opening your new bank account within 60 days of completing the application online.
The Newcomers to Canada team will deposit CAD$45 in your account:
The day you finalize opening the account, if you go to 1101 rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest, Montreal (Quebec) H3B 1J4.
Within 60 business days (after completing the application) if you’re completing the process at another Desjardins branch in Quebec.
IMPORTANT: Note that to be eligible, you must meet with the Newcomers to Canada team in a Desjardins branch.
You can read the complete terms and conditions of the offer here.
If you have any question regarding the offer, write a comment below or contact Rémy PARIS!