Emily 36 ans

Likes reçus
    I am a Canadian citizen planning to work in Paris. I had trouble finding the answers to my questions below.

1. Once in France, after obtaining the A3 visa, can I legally work before the 'Demande d'attestation OFII' appointment?
    2. How long does it take to process the A3 visa while in my country of residency? Does it require one or more appointments at the French consulate?
    3. Am I required to show proof of employment in my field of study once employed in France on an A3 Professional Development visa? If so how, to whom?
    4. Can I apply for a different status, like a typical work permit, while on the A3 Professional Development visa in order to switch onto a new visa before the A3 expires?

In dire need of help! THANK YOU!

32 ans

Likes reçus
    Hi Emily !

Message de emilyoppenheim
    1. Once in France, after obtaining the A3 visa, can I legally work before the 'Demande d'attestation OFII' appointment?
    You should be able to work normally ! But in the first 3 months (do it quickly after your arrival), you will need to apply for the Demande d'attestation OFII. !

2. How long does it take to process the A3 visa while in my country of residency? Does it require one or more appointments at the French consulate?
    Are you in Canada or in another country ? You will probably need to go one time or 2 times in a VHS centre (to give your biometrics and to get your passport back with the visa).

3. Am I required to show proof of employment in my field of study once employed in France on an A3 Professional Development visa? If so how, to whom?
    I'm not sure to understand your question, could you please reformulate ? Unless @Marie will be able to answer to you

4. Can I apply for a different status, like a typical work permit, while on the A3 Professional Development visa in order to switch onto a new visa before the A3 expires?
    On the french governmental website, have a look below the question "Quelles sont les possibilités de changement de catégorie dans le cadre du renouvellement du titre de séjour ?" and also the question "Sous quel délai doit-on présenter la demande de renouvellement de titre ?" : Frequently asked questions regarding the implementation of the (...) - Consulat général de France à Montréal

I hope my answers will help ! Do not hesitate if you need more informations about it

Marie 38 ans

Likes reçus
    9 704
    I am a Canadian citizen planning to work in Paris. I had trouble finding the answers to my questions below.

In dire need of help! THANK YOU!
    Hello Emily,
    In the first three months following your arrival in France, you will need to "validate" your visa.
    To do so, there is a new process that you should normally be abble to do online.
    => Étrangers en France

You will need to :
    - give informations related to your visa
    - enter you date of entry in France
    - your address in France

Normally, you're not supposed to pay the tax for your first residence permit, but as it is a new process, they might ask you to do so (in that case, don't hesitate to tell us).

I don't think you will need to already have all the process done with the OFII (the appointment for the medical visite...), but I'm pretty sure you need to have your visa validated before starting work.

If you are in Canada, you will need to go to a Visa application center VFS (not the consulate):
    1- To present your application, all your documents and to give your biometrics.
    2- To get your passport back once your visa processed. You have two options :
    * Coming back to the Visa application center centre to get your passport back
    * Havng your passport sent to you by the VFS centre (you will have fees to pay to them).

If you're in Canada, the process should take between 7 and 15 days. It can be longer if you apply between November and December and between June and August.

Not sure to understand either what you mean. If your visa application have been approved, I don't really see why someone would like to check any proof of employment in your own field.

Emily 36 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Marie
    Hello Emily,

In the first three months following your arrival in France, you will need to "validate" your visa.
    To do so, there is a new process that you should normally be abble to do online.
    => Étrangers en France

You will need to :
    - give informations related to your visa
    - enter you date of entry in France
    - your address in France

Normally, you're not supposed to pay the tax for your first residence permit, but as it is a new process, they might ask you to do so (in that case, don't hesitate to tell us).

I don't think you will need to already have all the process done with the OFII (the appointment for the medical visite...), but I'm pretty sure you need to have your visa validated before starting work.

If you are in Canada, you will need to go to a Visa application center VFS (not the consulate):
    1- To present your application, all your documents and to give your biometrics.
    2- To get your passport back once your visa processed. You have two options :
    * Coming back to the Visa application center centre to get your passport back
    * Havng your passport sent to you by the VFS centre (you will have fees to pay to them).

If you're in Canada, the process should take between 7 and 15 days. It can be longer if you apply between November and December and between June and August.

Not sure to understand either what you mean. If your visa application have been approved, I don't really see why someone would like to check any proof of employment in your own field.
    Bonjour Marie,

Merci beaucoup! This helps a lot. So I understand, are you a member of this forum, or do you assist with these questions and work at pvtistes?

Thank you,
    Emily

Marie 38 ans

Likes reçus
    9 704
    Merci beaucoup! This helps a lot. So I understand, are you a member of this forum, or do you assist with these questions and work at pvtistes?

Thank you,
    Emily
    Hello Emily,

I am a member of this forum AND I work at pvtistes .