Julie

Likes reçus
    5 198
    You plan to participate in the Working Holiday visa program in an European country, in Japan, Chile, Hong Kong, Brazil, South Korea...

We’re here for you! The pvtistes.net community has been helping (for free!) travellers planning their Working Holiday visa adventure for 15 years!

35 ans

Likes reçus
    Hi Lilou,

Thanks for all the info the PVT team provides!

I have obtained my WHV for France and will be arriving at the end of January 2022! I was wondering if you were aware of any agencies that helped the administration process of:
    - Setting up a bank account
    - Obtaining a social security #

Regarding ATPs (work permits), I was curious if an ATP can be obtained before receiving a job offer? Or do you need to have a job offer first before being able to apply for an ATP? If so, would you know if there are any agencies that help working holiday visa holders obtain one?

Merci d'avance!

Adrian

Julie

Likes reçus
    5 198
    Message de theAge
    Hi Lilou,

Thanks for all the info the PVT team provides!

I have obtained my WHV for France and will be arriving at the end of January 2022! I was wondering if you were aware of any agencies that helped the administration process of:
    - Setting up a bank account
    - Obtaining a social security #

Regarding ATPs (work permits), I was curious if an ATP can be obtained before receiving a job offer? Or do you need to have a job offer first before being able to apply for an ATP? If so, would you know if there are any agencies that help working holiday visa holders obtain one?

Merci d'avance!

Adrian
    Hi,

Regarding the bank account, I know it's not easy to open an account in all banks as a Working Holiday maker, but Desjardins has a partnership with CIC which is supposed to make things simple for Canadians: Partenariat CIC - Desjardins | CIC

Have you read this dossier: Key documents / procedures for WHV holders starting a job in France It was written a few years ago but I guess most of the information is still correct. Chapter 6 is about the Social security number.

About ATP, a few years ago, it has been deleted for Canadian Working Holiday makers. The chapter 2 of the dossier I mentioned above provides more information about it.

Hope it helps

35 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Lilou
    Hi,

Regarding the bank account, I know it's not easy to open an account in all banks as a Working Holiday maker, but Desjardins has a partnership with CIC which is supposed to make things simple for Canadians: Partenariat CIC - Desjardins | CIC

Have you read this dossier: Key documents / procedures for WHV holders starting a job in France It was written a few years ago but I guess most of the information is still correct. Chapter 6 is about the Social security number.

About ATP, a few years ago, it has been deleted for Canadian Working Holiday makers. The chapter 2 of the dossier I mentioned above provides more information about it.

Hope it helps
    Hi Lilou,

Thanks for that feedback, appreciate it

Noted re: Desjardins, I'll look into them a bit more. Apologies - just realised I hadn't included that I'm an Australian passport holder.

Indeed, I did read the dossier files however wasn't sure what information was the most relevant still.

Would you know if the rules the same/similar as Canadians? That is, as an Australian - would I still need to apply for an ATP given the rule changes post-2016?

Thanks again for your insights

Adrian

Julie

Likes reçus
    5 198
    Message de theAge
    Hi Lilou,

Thanks for that feedback, appreciate it

Noted re: Desjardins, I'll look into them a bit more. Apologies - just realised I hadn't included that I'm an Australian passport holder.

Indeed, I did read the dossier files however wasn't sure what information was the most relevant still.

Would you know if the rules the same/similar as Canadians? That is, as an Australian - would I still need to apply for an ATP given the rule changes post-2016?

Thanks again for your insights

Adrian
    Hi Adrian,

I'm sorry to reply so late... As an Australian, you won't need an ATP either

And I guess that if CIC is helpful to Canadians, it probably means that they're more inclined to open bank accounts to foreigners than other banks.

35 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Lilou
    Hi Adrian,

I'm sorry to reply so late... As an Australian, you won't need an ATP either

And I guess that if CIC is helpful to Canadians, it probably means that they're more inclined to open bank accounts to foreigners than other banks.
    You're a superstar Lilou! Encouraging info to know

34 ans

Likes reçus
    Please tell me about the canada visa processing time pakistan. I want to go there for attend a marriage that's why it is very important for me.

Julie

Likes reçus
    5 198
    Message de maxwarne1
    Please tell me about the canada visa processing time pakistan. I want to go there for attend a marriage that's why it is very important for me.
    Hi Max, you need to go on the Government of Canada website: Find out if you need a visa to travel to Canada to find out whether or not you need a visa to go to Canada

34 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Lilou
    Hi Max, you need to go on the Government of Canada website: Find out if you need a visa to travel to Canada to find out whether or not you need a visa to go to Canada
    That's great, This is a helpful website for me. I got very needful information about go to canada.