Alex

Likes reçus
    Hello

I have a VISA PVT with an expiricy date the 31 October 2021. As I entered in April the country and Covid19 measures where strict, the canadian border agent limitated my 2 year VISA to only 6 months. After numerous calls, the agents of immigration and refugees Canada explained what I had to do in order to extend it. The problem was that they gave me the wrong information so I applied wrong. Now I'm in a situation where my VISA is expired because the expiricy date that the border agent typed was wrong and the agents information wasn't clear and precised. Now since it expired, I have 90 days to leave the country.
    I suggest to solve this issue in a logic and ethical way. I had a VISA for 2 years, I payed and did everything correctly but I believe that the Candian Government did some mistakes that need to be solved.

Thank you for your time

Sincerely

Bonjour

J'ai un VISA PVT avec une date d'expiration le 31 octobre 2021. Comme je suis entré en avril, le pays et les mesures Covid19 étaient strictes, l'agent frontalier canadien a limité mon VISA de 2 ans à seulement 6 mois. Après de nombreux appels, les agents d'Immigration et Réfugiés Canada m'ont expliqué ce que je devais faire afin de le prolonger. Le problème était qu'ils m'ont donné la mauvaise information, alors j'ai mal postulé. Maintenant, je suis dans une situation où mon VISA est expiré parce que la date d'expiration que l'agent frontalier a saisie était erronée et les informations que les agents m'ont fournies étaient erronées. Maintenant qu'il a expiré, j'ai 90 jours pour quitter le pays.

Je suggère de résoudre ce problème de manière logique et éthique. J'ai un VISA de 2 ans, j'ai payé et j'ai tout fait correctement mais je crois que le gouvernement canadien a fait des erreurs qui doivent être résolues.

Merci pour votre temps
    Sincèrement
    Dernière modification par Pliz ; 15/11/21 à 03:28. Motif: Fusion messages suite au déplacement post VF

Likes reçus
    3 971
    Hi Alex,

I presume you had a 2-year insurance contract when you first entered Canada, and a 2+ year passport validity as well. In that case, the BSO made a mistake by limiting your work permit to 6 months.

This falls into the category #1 issue and you will need to send a paper application to the Edmonton IRCC office. Please note that you cannot submit your extension request online. This must be sent by mail.

You will need the IMM5710 form, a copy of your passport and work permit, and also a copy of the CBSA stamp, a proof of insurance and an explication letter. No fee is required since you are an IEC participant.

Hope this helps!

Alex

Likes reçus
    Message de larousse
    Hi Alex,

I presume you had a 2-year insurance contract when you first entered Canada, and a 2+ year passport validity as well. In that case, the BSO made a mistake by limiting your work permit to 6 months.

This falls into the category #1 issue and you will need to send a paper application to the Edmonton IRCC office. Please note that you cannot submit your extension request online. This must be sent by mail.

You will need the IMM5710 form, a copy of your passport and work permit, and also a copy of the CBSA stamp, a proof of insurance and an explication letter. No fee is required since you are an IEC participant.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks a lot.
    Does this mean that I have to be exempt with an LMIA number by my new employer? If it is the case, I won't be able to complete the process #1 issue, as I've been rejected numerous times from jobs because I'm a seasonal-temporal worker and I won't have any impact on the Labour Market.

I wish there is a solution that does not involve the LMIA. Since I entered the country I was never asked to present a LMIA number etc but now they require it in order to work.

Thanks again, very good service

Likes reçus
    3 971
    Message de AlexQ3
    Does this mean that I have to be exempt with an LMIA number by my new employer?
    Working Holiday you don’t need a LMIA.

However, you will have to wait until you receive your work permit extension to return to work.

Alex

Likes reçus
    Message de larousse
    Working Holiday you don’t need a LMIA.

However, you will have to wait until you receive your work permit extension to return to work.
    Thanks
    One last thing. Before I mail everything do I have to pay any fees or provide any biometrics?

Appreciate your time

Likes reçus
    3 971
    Message de AlexQ3
    Thanks
    One last thing. Before I mail everything do I have to pay any fees or provide any biometrics?

Appreciate your time
    No. You already done that.