Likes reçus
    In first time I want to thanks TiToTo to have the best idea to help all people who bad in English is (I'm probably one)!

Second time I creat this post. You can talking about all subject who concern the English language in Canada and particularly Ontario, Quebec and the 4 others states of East Canada.

This concern jobs, schools, culture, sports and french speaking. But others subjects can be talking (and maybe taken out only in English).

So I wish you all good courage!
    See you on forum//

Thomas 36 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Stéph80
    In first time I want to thanks TiToTo to have the best idea to help all people who bad in English is (I'm probably one)!

Second time I create this post. You can talking about all subject which concern(s?) the English language in Canada and particularly Ontario, Quebec and the 4 others states of East Canada.

This concern jobs, schools, culture, sports and french speaking. But others subjects can be talking (and maybe taken out only in English).

See you on forum//
    Thanks Steph

I never left to Canada, so this subject interests me much !
    (I believe that I make a fault )
    Dernière modification par TiToTo ; 13/11/07 à 00:50.

Likes reçus
    Message de Stéph80
    First of all I want to thank TiToTo to have the good idea to help all people who are bad in English (I'm probably one)!

Second I create this post. You can talk about all subjects that concern the English language in Canada and particularly Ontario, Quebec and the 4 others provinces of East Canada.

This concern jobs, school, culture, sports and french speaking. But others subjects can be discussed (only in English).

See you on forum//
    Thanks Steph. That's right, I haven't seen a lot of post in english on the forum (I didn't look for it either), so it will maybe be easier to practice it here for all those who just have the goddamn luck to work in a french environment .

Likes reçus
    All rigths! All rights!

I see that the subject does not interest a lot of people! We should maybe change rules or to launch anything more attractive?

In any cases thank you TiToTo!

Thomas 36 ans

Likes reçus
    Sorry Steph80, but in this moment, I'm very very busy (studies, sports...) so I can't take part there.

80% were for this part but nobody speaks...

Likes reçus
    I guess it's a very good idea to open this kind of post. But I do have a question for you : why did you open this post just for the eastern regions of canada ? Because I guess we speak more english in the ouest side than in the east coast. So do you refuse any participation from people who live in the west coast ?

Muriel

Likes reçus
    9 585
    Message de TiToTo
    I never left to Canada, so this subject interests me much !
    (I believe that I make a fault )
    I think you should say a mistake and not a fault.
    For your first sentence, I would have said "I never went to Canada, so I'm very interested to this subject."
    But my own english is far from perfect, so maybe someone else will have a better correction to do.

Sébastien 43 ans

Likes reçus
    I think "to believe" really means croire in the meaning of religion. I suggest you may say "I think..." or "It seems to me...". As for "fault", it only means faute on the tennis court...

Sandra 42 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de murielj
    I think you should say a mistake and not a fault.
    For your first sentence, I would have said "I never went to Canada, so I'm very interested to this subject."
    But my own english is far from perfect, so maybe someone else will have a better correction to do.

I've never been to ( I have never been)
    To be interested in something
    far from being ( verbe +ing avec cette expression)
    a better correction to do: ca c'est du français avec des mots anglais
    Peut-être: someone will probably suggest a more accurate correction

------------------------------------------

Keep up the good work: c'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron!

J'adoreeeeeeeeeee l'anglais

Sandra 42 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Blast
    I think "to believe" really means croire in the meaning of religion. I suggest you may say "I think..." or "It seems to me...". As for "fault", it only means faute on the tennis court...
    Hum believe c'est bien l'équivalent de think, guess, reckon blablabla...
    On utiliserait effectivement "mistake" et non pas "fault" ds ce cas là

viviane 43 ans

Likes reçus
    2 484
    ouhl les enchères des corrections montent !

Thomas 36 ans

Likes reçus
    My english is so bad...

Thanks for the corrections

Likes reçus
    Well, if "believing" can actually have the religious connotation that you spoke of, il can also be used as a synonym for thinking in a context like the one TiToTo used it in.

Also, I would have said "I believe that I made a mistake" rather than using "make", since the sentence here requires the use of the past tense...

That would be all at first glance
    Keep up the good work
    (No one's english is bad... The important is getting it better, and this is a good way to improve each and everyone of us ^^)

(And good topic too, I would help the english practice since it's been too long I haven't used it ^^)

Christina 38 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de mikasa
    I've never been to ( I have never been)
    Hey, nice idea to create such a topic!!

I just wanted to add something. Gramatically 'I have never been to' is correct.
    But during my time in Ontario, I noticed that most people just said 'I never went there', 'I never did that before' and so on. One of my English teachers told me about it before I left for Canada, and she was so right!

Not talking about Quebec (where I have never been to), but the Americans/Canadians are generally very 'tolerant' with people trying to speak English! (maybe because they are quite lazy at learning languages! lol) Good for us, guys!

Keep up the good work! Don't worry, we all have to learn!!

ps: can anyone tell me if there's really a difference between "such a thing" or " a such thing"?

Likes reçus
    heeeeeeeh... Never heard "a such thing" before... Would you happen to have sentences in which both of these formulations are used??? Maybe I could help you from there ^^

And usually english speaking people in Quebec are very tolerant too (for the one I met)

Sandra 42 ans

Likes reçus
    "I never went there" is not correct. Nevertheless, it may be acceptable as far as the spoken language is concerned.........I will go bananas for the cockney accent and their way of speaking: nice and clear. Conversely, I believe US speakers are quite hard to understand as they keep on skipping unstressed consonants! That is so annoyinggggg...ggrhhh!!!

Likes reçus
    Wouah I hallucinate, here is almost one month when we launched the subject and when we had of answers and everybody is interested. I congratulated TiToTo to have thrown this subject.

About the subject, I just wanted that we speak east Canadian because the problem of English is rather over there. But really it was not to throw a subject silly "coffee" without interest.

Thank you for the support!
    Has +

Christina 38 ans

Likes reçus
    Not correct but often used in the spoken language. What's the cockney accent? (Don't know that region). I guess that some accents sounds harder to you according to where you learned English. During my trip I could deal quite well with Americans/Canadians but the British are so hard to understand!! (For me)

Christina 38 ans

Likes reçus
    Hey steph, just let us know what you want to talk about?? Any idea?

Likes reçus
    Cockney is the londoner accent... it's a pretty hard one!
    One of my co-worker is english, with that particular accent and I hardly ever understand him...
    I always feel so stupid and embarrassed in front of him... And apart from this I don't think the Eastern canadian are hard to understand. The worst thing for me is when I'm ordering my sushis on the phone! but they're japanese so it doesn't count

Page 1 sur 5 1 2 3 ...