Julie 35 ans

Likes reçus
    No, because, even if you say "I come from France", more than 50% will tell you "uh, Quebec, Montreal"....

2. Pvtistes.net sur les réseaux sociaux

Retrouvez tous nos réseaux sociaux (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin etc.) sur cette page et rejoignez la communauté pvtistes afin d'être au courant des dernières actualités sur le PVT !

En savoir plus...
    Anonyme
    Message de jolijuli
    No, because, even if you say "I come from France", more than 50% will tell you "uh, Quebec, Montreal"....
    ok then either they are quite dumb, or absolutely bad at school in geography

sophie 38 ans

Likes reçus
    I had exactly the same experience when i was working in Vancouver.
    I think english speakers just don't like canadian from Quebec because they are separatists and if they want to leave by themself they should not go on other sides of Canada... (this sound a bit racist no ??)

PRÉNOM

Likes reçus
    Message de Jerry
    ok then either they are quite dumb, or absolutely bad at school in geography
    I had the same reaction. They are ignorant at this point ?

I had a canadian boyfriend (from ontario), he asked me the capital of Alberta. I answer straight "Calgary" (long time before i decide to go to Canada so i was not suposed to know a lot about geography). He was suprised. I did the same and asked him the capital of Belgium (considering he studied in Cambridge UK, i thought he would know) Ke nini !!! he didn't even know about the country.

I was ashamed for him.
    Dernière modification par fonclea ; 19/02/10 à 11:22.

Anonyme
    Not to compare Americans and Canadians, but a 'recent' survey conducted in the US a few years ago showed that people's knowledge was quite limited when it comes to international topics

simple questions were asked about geography, names in politics, etc

most people were not able to answer to things related to outside the US, but sometimes even to other US states !!

questions about war in the Middle East led to astonishing answers, showing how knowledge was limited

Canadians probably suffer from the same 'problem' due to a domestic-minded education focused

Julie 35 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de fonclea
    I had the same reaction. They are ignorant at this point ?

I had a canadian boyfriend (from ontario), he asked me the capital of Alberta. I answer straight "Calgary" (long time before i decide to go to Canada so i was not suposed to know a lot about geography). He was suprised. I did the same and asked him the capital of Belgium (considering he studied in Cambridge UK, i thought he would know) Ke nini !!! he didn't even know about the country.

I was ashamed for him.
    Actually, it is Edmonton!

Anonyme

:laughing1

PRÉNOM

Likes reçus
    Message de jolijuli
    Actually, it is Edmonton!
    yes you are right and he didn't notice the mistake lol

Julien 37 ans

Likes reçus
    Very interesting discussion.

I had absolutely no idea that "France" could be understood as "Quebec" for english speaking Canadians. I find it quite surprising...

And a little scary too...

Is it true that a majority of English speaking Canadians don't like the "french" ones ? Or is it just a few angry people ?

Mike Claver 36 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Jerry
    Not to compare Americans and Canadians, but a 'recent' survey conducted in the US a few years ago showed that people's knowledge was quite limited when it comes to international topics

simple questions were asked about geography, names in politics, etc

most people were not able to answer to things related to outside the US, but sometimes even to other US states !!

questions about war in the Middle East led to astonishing answers, showing how knowledge was limited

Canadians probably suffer from the same 'problem' due to a domestic-minded education focused
    And what about the Survey who showed that French citizen are quite limited about inernational topics?
    So please, dont say that Americans or Canadians or whatever are stupid. That's untrue dude!

Take care of you by the way
    Peace

Likes reçus
    I just know that a lot of american people have some difficulties to place on a map the european countries ...
    By the way, we don't say that they are stupid !!

Alexis 34 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de woudidou

I had absolutely no idea that "France" could be understood as "Quebec" for english speaking Canadians. I find it quite surprising...

Is it true that a majority of English speaking Canadians don't like the "french" ones ? Or is it just a few angry people ?

They are just jealous

Likes reçus
    Message de woudidou

I think that they looooove French people but not really canadian speaking french.
    So no worries !!
    Say everytime, I'm french, I'm french, and you won't have problems !!

Where do you live in Brittany ???!!

Muriel 37 ans

Likes reçus
    10 168
    Even better than "I'm french" is "I'm from France" so there is no ambiguity about where you come from.

Hugh 37 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de GossipLucy
    I just know that a lot of american people have some difficulties to place on a map the european countries ...
    By the way, we don't say that they are stupid !!
    Vice-versa, lot of European ppl have serious issues placing and naming all (even some) states of the United States of America.

Likes reçus
    I don't think you could really compare it that way as the different states of the USA are not independant countries and thus do not play a role on an international level. I do think however that lots of Frenchs would not be able to place east europeans countries on a map, let alone african, asian or even south or central american countries. And I have to admit I wouldn't have a perfect score on that either.

Mike Claver 36 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de GossipLucy
    I think that they looooove French people but not really canadian speaking french.
    So no worries !!
    Say everytime, I'm french, I'm french, and you won't have problems !!

Where do you live in Brittany ???!!
    I know right! They like French as hell this sooo true!
    Its like you are a celebrity overthere!!!(I am just kidding)
    By the way they like the way we are talking english, with our nice french accent

Myriam Sara 34 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de murielj
    Even better than "I'm french" is "I'm from France" so there is no ambiguity about where you come from.
    I wish I could say "I'm from France" without causing some eyebrows to raise. Even if I speak with the most tout-fucking-pourri-obvious French accent ever, when I was in the US people just couldn't take "France" as an answer to "where do you come from?". Annoying... but kinda helpful. (I'd lie sometimes and pick a "convenient" ethnic background according to who Im talking with)

Message de mikeclaver
    By the way they like the way we are talking english, with our nice french accent
    It depends.. most of the time they do, but a friend told me once "If a girl is pretty, her French accent makes her sound sexier. If she's dumb and ugly, it only makes her sound more annoying."
    (I'm still trying to figure out which category I fit in)
    Dernière modification par lallamira ; 22/12/10 à 20:43.

Mike Claver 36 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de lallamira
    It depends.. most of the time they do, but a friend told me once "If a girl is pretty, her French accent makes her sound sexier. If she's dumb and ugly, it only makes her sound more annoying."
    (I'm still trying to figure out which category I fit in)
    SMH Haha that's true !!!! I like your last quote lol! So did u figure out on which side you are?

Page 2 sur 3 123