Discussion: [English] Tea Time

Je me pose la même question (0)
Page 5 sur 15 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ...
    Mimi

Likes reçus
    Message de DavyBZH
    Nice your link and thanks for that Romain, i didn't know this website. I like your last sentence, I remember my ex when she was in France with me, she said she was afraid to speak french (she is brazilian), i though it was weird, but actually it was real, i feel the same sensation when i speak english now. The fear to not speak very well (i don't know how to say that), make mistakes
    That's exactly the sensation that I have, but not because I'm afraid of mistake (well, not really), but 'cause I learn Oxford english (pronunciation and accent) and so, people smile or laugh of me when I'm speaking.
    Of course, I know that it wasn't naughty from them.
    So, I unconsciously stop speaking english because I'm afraid of it (or rather bored of it). And unsconsciously, my brain start to want imitate the american-canadian style. But it's worse than never.

Like, you know... Immigration is loss of reperes that's true.

But now, I'll going to speak english ''old school'' again (from oxford). 'Cause I love the english from United Kingdoms.
    But it'll take time...

Same for the french accent. you're no longer totally belgian or totally resident of quebec. You're an international person now.

Jennifer 35 ans

Likes reçus
    Hi everybody !

My english is very very very bad ! Im Afraid to go to Canada, but I look forward to live this experience. I can to read, but I cant to talk with other people. However I have a good pronounciation.

I think this talk is an excellent idea.

bye

Davy 8 ans

Likes reçus
    Yes it's easier to understand or to read, but to speak it's different, sometimes you forget, you don't find your words. After few months, it will be ok.

That's exactly the sensation that I have, but not because I'm afraid of mistake (well, not really), but 'cause I learn Oxford english (pronunciation and accent) and so, people smile or laugh of me when I'm speaking.
    Yes the english accent is a little different, i saw that when i watched english series tv, it's more complicaded to understand the british english, the pronunciation is different.

Mimi

Likes reçus
    Message de DavyBZH
    Yes the english accent is a little different, i saw that when i watched english series tv, it's more complicaded to understand the british english, the pronunciation is different.
    seen, I desagree with you
    I think that british english is better understanding that amercian english

Message de jenny73000
    However I have a good pronounciation.

I've got a good pronounciation too

Thanks for the compliment !

Layla 33 ans

Likes reçus
    Believe me, the pronunciation changes between countries. One day people say "often" without the "T" the other one they pronounce it... That's pretty much disturbing me!

Tips: if you're not sure about the pronunciation, use Google Translate! There is an icon which shows you the right pronunciation. It could really be helpful sometimes.

celine 35 ans

Manjimup, Australie-Occidentale, Australie
    Likes reçus
    Message de Cazman
    I agree (without "be" ) may be more correct

By the way, the best way to improve your english is practice, practice and practice !

You can join some MeetUp group in your area ( Find Meetup groups near you - Meetup ), i think there's a lot of english conversation meetups in Paris, it could be a good way to talk with some native speakers and meet some english guys who can help you to improve your expression skills

Don't worry of being stupid when you're speaking in english : making mistakes is the best way to correct them
    thanks for the correction! i will look your link! i must to talk english!!! anyone kill me if i make mistakes!!

-------------- Mise à jour de moins de 10 minutes --------------

Message de jenny73000
    Hi everybody !

My english is very very very bad ! Im Afraid to go to Canada, but I look forward to live this experience. I can to read, but I cant to talk with other people. However I have a good pronounciation.

bye
    I'm in the same situation!! I understand your feeling!! you are the time to learn your english before your departure.

Jennifer 35 ans

Likes reçus
    I'm in the same situation!! I understand your feeling!! you are the time to learn your english before your departure.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have a time before my departure, but with my work and other things it's so dificult ! Thank you all for your encouragement !

Davy 8 ans

Likes reçus
    I regret all those years where i was lazy in my english courses, where i thought it wasn't important .

celine 35 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de DavyBZH
    I regret all those years where i was lazy in my english courses, where i thought it wasn't important .
    it's a big regret for me too!!!!!!!

Davy 8 ans

Likes reçus
    That's the problem here in France i think, for students for who don't study foreign languages. Generally, English has a small coefficient or only if you have more than 10, it counts

celine 35 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de jenny73000
    I'm in the same situation!! I understand your feeling!! you are the time to learn your english before your departure.
    Yes, I have a time before my departure, but with my work and other things it's so dificult ! Thank you all for your encouragement ![/QUOTE]

maybe you can watch movies in english with or wihtout subtitles. And you participate at this discussion it's a good point!!!

Davy 8 ans

Likes reçus
    Or find a personal teacher, English courses near where you live but maybe it's expensive

celine 35 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de DavyBZH
    That's the problem here in France i think, for students for who don't study foreign languages. Generally, English has a small coefficient or only if you have more than 10, it counts
    the english education in France it's not good! we are the winner to don't talk english after few years of school!! it's a problem!!

Jennifer 35 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de DavyBZH
    I am agree with you !!! I think the same thing ! And I think too that English education in France is so bad !

Mimi

Likes reçus
    Personallym I wasn't bad in english (apart grammar that i though bit difficult).
    When I went to England, I could make me understand and understand people.
    Love that. It's better to practice ''in the real life'' with ''real people'' than with a book and audiotape.
    Immersion couses help a lot too.

I'll be better to buy some grammar book one day

Since I was child I want to learn spanish too. Can do this !

Jennifer 35 ans

Likes reçus
    To learn spanish it is more easy than english ! Its great !!!

Davy 8 ans

Likes reçus
    Yes it's really easier because it's a latin language like French, Italian, Portuguese and Romanian.

Jennifer 35 ans

Likes reçus
    Nobody to speak today ?

Davy 8 ans

Likes reçus
    I'm here if you want, a little be tired, it's a rainy day here in my brittany

Jennifer 35 ans

Likes reçus
    oh!!! My god here it is very very hot ! It is 30 degrees !

Page 5 sur 15 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ...