Buy the right health insurance coverage
You must buy health insurance coverage for the entire duration of your stay in Canada. Otherwise, the permit issued at the border could be valid only for the length of the policy term. For instance, if you’re staying in Canada for a year, you must buy a 12-month insurance policy. If you have a 24-month WHP and if you only buy a 6-month or 12-month insurance policy, the border services officer may issue a nonrenewable six-month or 12-month WHP.
Globe WHV insurance policy highlights
- Medical expenses claims can be submitted online through our website.
- Very positive feedback from WHP holders.
- Globe WHV will refund the remaining months on your policy if you go home earlier than planned as long as there are at least two months left on your policy.
- Quick and easy communication with Globe WHV customer service specialists who answer questions sent by private message. Send a private message to a Globe WHV representative.
- Easy-to-understand insurance policy and claim guidelines.
- Very competitive rates.
- Covers many sports and activities, including scuba-diving, hiking, skiing and surfing. Read the Globe WHV insurance policy.
- Desjardins offers new Working Holiday and Young Professionals customers 1 free month of Globe WHV insurance coverage. Learn more…
- €30,30 per month (departing from the European Union)
- €54.20 per month (departing from a non-European Union country)