Are you travelling to one of the 30 countries offering a Working Holiday Visa to Canadian citizens? Take a minute to consider the easiest way to stay in touch with your relatives and the Canadian government in case of emergency, in Canada or abroad.

Registration of Canadians Abroad is a free service that allows the Government of Canada to notify you in case of an emergency abroad or a personal emergency at home. The service also enables you to receive important information before or during a natural disaster or civil unrest.

How do I register?

You can register online or in person at a Canadian government office abroad. When you register, you must provide:

• Personal information, such as your passport number;
• Travel information, including your destination and travel dates;
• Emergency contact information abroad, so that consular services can get in touch with you;
• Emergency contact information in Canada, so that government representatives can get in touch in case of emergency.

Who do I call in case of emergency?

If you need emergency consular assistance, contact the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate. You can also contact the Emergency Watch and Response Centre by phone or by email. The centre can also take calls from relatives who want to notify you of an emergency.

Tip to all travellers

Registration isn’t mandatory, it’s simply highly recommended. If you do not wish to use this service, consider giving relatives your travel itinerary and your contact information abroad in case of emergency. It’s also a good idea to write down the address and contact information of the nearest Canadian consulate or embassy.

L'équipe de vous informe depuis 2005 sur tous les aspects d'un PVT et vous accompagne dans vos projets de mobilité à l'international !

The team has been around since 2005, guiding thousands of young adults through all aspects of their working holiday!

Add to my favorites

There are no reviews at the moment.

Please login to be able vote.


There are no comments at the moment but feel free to add your own 🙂