You gathered all the information you needed for your adventure in Australia and you know everything there is to know about the Working Holiday Visa.
Now, it’s time to board the plane, fly halfway across the world and finally land in the “land down under”!
Are you getting butterflies in your stomach? Most travellers do, it’s perfectly normal. But the more you know what to expect, the less anxious you will be, so read on for a complete overview of your first steps in Australia, from going through immigration and customs—usually a straightforward process—to opening a bank account, from applying for a Tax File Number (TFN) to finding a phone carrier. And don’t forget to register with your consulate or embassy for complete peace of mind!
Table of contents :
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Entering Australia – What to expect at the border
- Chapter 3: Registering with your local embassy or consulate
- Chapter 4: Applying for a Tax File Number (TFN)
- Chapter 5: Getting a postal address in Australia — The Poste Restante service
- Chapter 6: Opening a bank account in Australia
- Chapter 7: Budgeting for your initial expenses in Australia
- Chapter 8: Applying for a proof of age card
- Chapter 9: Finding accommodation in Australia
- Chapter 10: Finding a job in Australia
- Chapter 11: Shopping for a phone plan and data
Main articles about the WHV to Australia
16 Good Reasons to Apply for a Working Holiday Visa
The Working Holiday Visa Adventure as a Solo Traveller
Applying for a Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417) To Australia: The Ultimate Step-By-Step Guide with Screenshots
Globe WHV insurance policy highlights
Your first steps in Australia with a Working Holiday Visa
15 Tips for a Successful WHV Experience
Working in Australia: Opportunities, tips for backpackers and job search advice
Fruit Picking Jobs in Australia: What, Where, How (and Why!)