Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Creating an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada account
Chapter 3
Submitting your profile to an IEC pool
Chapter 4
Entering a pool of candidates — The eService page
Chapter 5
Entering a pool of candidates — Personal details of applicant
Chapter 6
Entering a pool of candidates — Contact information
Chapter 7
Entering a pool of candidates — Work and education details
Chapter 8
Entering a pool of candidates — Application details
Chapter 9
Entering a pool of candidates — The e-signature
Chapter 10
What if I made a mistake and need to amend my application before the Invitation to Apply?
Chapter 11
Gathering the supporting documents for your application
Chapter 12
Receiving an Invitation to Apply
Chapter 13
Completing your application — Personal details of applicant
Chapter 14
Completing your application — Contact information
Chapter 15
Completing your application — Work and education details
Chapter 16
Completing your application — Application details
Chapter 17
Completing your application — Uploading and sending documents
Chapter 18
Completing your application — Form IMM5707 (Family Information)
Chapter 19
Completing your application — Police certificate (if applicable)
Chapter 20
Completing your application — CV/Resume
Chapter 21
Completing your application — Photo ID
Chapter 22
Completing your application — Passport ID, visas and stamps pages
Chapter 23
Completing your application — Proof of a medical exam (if applicable)
Chapter 24
Completing your application — Submitting the documents, signing the form and paying the fees
Chapter 25
Submitting biometrics
Chapter 26
What next?
14Completing your application — Contact information

Completing your application — Contact information

Language of correspondence tab


In this tab, you can change the set language of correspondence. You can select one of Canada’s two official languages—English and French. Your choice of language for the process and correspondence has no impact on your future travels plans or your destination(s)—you can choose “English” and go live in a French-speaking province and vice-versa.

However, if you need to apply for a police certificate from a country where you lived and will require a “Request for Police Certificates/Clearances and Authorisation for Release of Information” letter from the Government of Canada to complete the process, it may be best to set the language of correspondence to “English” to get the letter in English.

Email tab


You’ll see the email address you previously provided. Change it if needed.

Telephone tab

Tutorial International Canada Experience - IEC - Working Holiday in Canada 17

The telephone number you provide can be used by IRCC to contact you if needed. It hardly ever happens as you’ll usually be contacted directly through your personal account. You must:

  • Select landline (“Home”), office (“Business”) or mobile (“Cellular”).
  • Select the country (don’t enter “00” or “+” before the area code).
  • Enter your number without the prefix “0” (but if you leave it in, it’s not a big deal!).
  • Enter the “Extension” if applicable. This field refers to the internal number used within a PBX system in many offices; it’s an additional short number you dial to reach a specific person after dialling the organisation’s main phone number. If you provide a personal phone number (mobile or landline), leave this field blank.
  • You can enter multiple phone numbers if needed. Just click on “Save and add” after each number.

Address tab

Residential address

Tutorial International Canada Experience - IEC - Working Holiday in Canada 18

For “Residential address,” enter your current address. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk. You can leave the other ones blank if needed. Note that the address you provide and the one on your passport don’t necessarily have to match—people do move after they get their passport, so this is not an issue!

The number you enter in the first field should be your apartment or unit number (if you live in an apartment building or a condo), not your street number.

The “From” fields refer to the date (yy/mm/dd) you moved to your current address.

Tutorial International Canada Experience - IEC - Working Holiday in Canada 19

Is your mailing address the same as your current home address?

Candidates from a number of countries are required to have a permanent address in their country of citizenship to be eligible under the IEC program. If you are living abroad temporarily, you must provide a permanent residence address in your country of citizenship.

Citizens of the following countries are subject to residence requirements:

  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Hong Kong
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Slovakia
  • South Korea
  • Spain

To learn more about residence requirements, read International Mobility Program: Canadian interests — Reciprocal employment — International Experience Canada — Bilateral agreements and arrangements.

Previous chapter Next chapter

L'équipe de vous informe depuis 2005 sur tous les aspects d'un PVT et vous accompagne dans vos projets de mobilité à l'international !

The team has been around since 2005, guiding thousands of young adults through all aspects of their working holiday!

Add to my favorites
4 votes

Please login to be able vote.