What supporting documents do I need to provide with my
All candidates must provide the following:
- A digital copy of your passport identification pages (pages 2 and 3) as well as copies of all the pages with stamps and visas. The identification page must show your full name, date and place of birth, passport issue and expiry date as well as your signature. Your passport must be valid for the entire duration of your stay in Canada and have at least one blank page.
- A digital photo of yourself (passport picture format).
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume).
- Your signed letter of offer or signed contract for the workplacement or internship in Canada.
- Proof that you’re registered as a student at a post-secondary institution.
- Form IMM5707 “Family information” (a copy will be provided during the online application process).
You may also have to provide additional documents. If so, they will be listed online in yourIRCC account:
- Police certificate(s) from your country of citizenship and/or from any foreign country where you spent six months or more since the age of 18. For more information, read How to get a police certificate from each country. You may have to pay applicable fees, depending on the country issuing the police certificate. If needed, the document will be requested after your initial application and you will have a deadline extension to submit it.
- Proof of a medical exam: You need to complete a physical exam with a doctor that has been approved by IRCC (a panel physician) if you have recently lived or travelled in certain countries or territories for six months or more and there may be a risk of importation of tuberculosis or if you plan to work in a job where it’s important to protect public health (e.g. health services, child care or primary or secondary education). You can book your medical exam before submitting your application if you know it will be required or you can wait until you see it requested on your IRCC account. In the latter case, you will get a deadline extension to complete this mandatory step.
For more info, read Gathering the supporting documents for your application.