Here is an article about the 2021 IEC season (Working Holiday, Young Professionals and International co-op (Internship) permits). Read on for the latest news!

When will the 2021 IEC season open?

The 2021 International Experience Canada season pools for certain countries are opening March 1st, 2021.

Country of citizenship Opening Date Quota
Austria September 3 2021 100 spots
Australia March 1st 2021 Unlimited
Belgium March 1st 2021 750 spots
Chile March 1st 2021 725 spots
Croatia March 15 2021 275 spots
Costa Rica March 1st 2021 80 spots
Czech republic March 1st 2021 1 000 spots
Denmark March 1st 2021 350 spots
Estonia August 23 2021 110 spots
France March 1st 2021 7 100 spots
Germany June 15 2021 4 490 spots
Greece March 1st 2021 180 spots
Hong Kong March 1st 2021 200 spots
Ireland March 1st 2021 10500 spots
Italy March 1st 2021 1 000 spots
Japan March 1st 2021 6 500 spots
Latvia August 4 2021 40 spots
Lithuania August 23 2021 175 spots
Luxembourg March 1st 2021 80 spots
New Zealand March 10 2021 2 500 spots
Netherlands March 22 2021 430 spots
Norway March 1st 2021 130 spots
Poland August 23 2021 635 spots
Portugal March 1st 2021 1750 spots
San Marino March 1st 2021 25 spots
Slovakia March 1st 2021 315 spots
Slovenia September 3 2021 80 spots
Spain March 1st 2021 800 spots
South Korea March 1st 2021 4 000 spots
Sweden March 1st 2021 580 spots
Switzerland March 1st 2021 Non eligible
Taiwan March 1st 2021 940 spots
United Kingdom March 1st 2021 5 000 spots

Official links

What is International Experience Canada (IEC)?

IEC is a Government of Canada program designed to give 18-35 year-old travellers the opportunity to work in Canada.
There are three IEC work permit categories:

  • Working Holiday (often referred to as the “WHV”)
  • Young Professionals (“YP”)
  • International Co-op (Internship)

How can I apply for a Working Holiday work permit?

New to the Working Holiday work permit? Take a minute to read this comprehensive introduction to the Canadian Working Holiday Visa Program for a comprehensive overview.

If you’re a former Working Holiday Visa holder, you still need to understand how the process works for Canada. For instance, unlike Australia, Japan or Argentina, Canada has a quota system. Candidate profiles are drawn at random from pools—you may not receive an invitation at all since there are usually more applicants than Workin Holiday permits available.

You can submit your profile to a pool as soon as the 2021 IEC season opens. Use our comprehensive Step-By-Step Tutorial to International Experience Canada Work Permits for Working Holiday, Young Professionals and International Co-op work permits applications (with screenshots!).

How much does it cost to participate in International Experience Canada?

  • Working Holiday applicants must pay the CAD156 IEC participation fee plus the CAD100 open work permit holder fee plus CAND85 biometrics fee (total fee of CAD341).
  • International Co-op and Young Professionals applicants must pay the CAD156 IEC participation fee plus CAN$85 biometrics fee (total fee of CAD241).

To download our FREE Guide to Working Holiday in Canada, click here!

Capture d’écran 2019-12-02 à 19.06.25

Interesting links:


Cofondatrice de, j'ai fait 2 PVT, au Canada et en Australie. Deux expériences incroyables ! Je vous retrouve régulièrement sur nos comptes Insta et Tiktok @pvtistes avec plein d'infos utiles !
Cofounder of I went to Canada and Australia on Working Holiday aventures. It was amazing!

Add to my favorites
13 votes

Please login to be able vote.


There are no comments at the moment but feel free to add your own 🙂