Courtney 28 ans

Likes reçus
    I'm a Canadian who just completed their two years PVT in France. I'm back in Canada about to apply for a new visa. My previous employer said he would apply for a work visa for me but I worry it'll be too much work and he'll decide not to do it, as it's easier to just hire French people. My backup plan is to go to university in France so that I can get a student visa and then later change it for a titre de séjour.

My question is can I apply for two different visa at the same time?

Also if I do get a student visa and start university in France can I apply for a titre de séjour right away or do I have complete a year or the course first?

Rhéline 37 ans

Likes reçus
    Hello. I did two years of PVT, then three years as a student, now living in France with a private/family visa.
    I do not know if you can apply for two visas, I think the best way to find out would be to call the embassy directly. However, I also don't think it really matters, because - by the time you apply for university and get accepted, it will be a couple months from now. And I think in a couple months you will know if your employer has started or not the formalities of getting you a work visa. If he hasn't... go for uni
    When you say you want to get a student visa then change it to a titre de séjour, what type of titre de séjour are you thinking of??
    Because I am not sure I understand your second question. Why do you want to apply for a titre de séjour right away? You will get a one year student visa, then at the end of the year if you are still a student and have the proof of enrollment and sufficient ressources etc etc for the following year you will get a one year (or two year depending on the length of your uni program) STUDENT titre de séjour. This only stays valid as long as you are a student, once you are done your student titre de séjour doesn't let you stay in France.
    Hope that helps, sorry if I misunderstood the question.

3. Mat