Kendall 31 ans

Likes reçus
    Hi there, I am wondering about this process and if you have any experience with WHV in France as a Canadian please let me know!

As of now, I have a flight booked, hostel for 28 days and medical insurance for several months. My plan is to go to France and look for housing/job asap but I want to successfully apply for the visa before-hand from Canada.
    I would LIKE TO stay for a year assuming my funds permit, but unless I am certain I can work enough to provide for myself I am unsure and the visa rules state that you must show proof of accommodation for the duration of your stay + return flight.

How do I phrase this in my visa application? I intend to stay longer than 28 days but only have enough hostel booked for that time since I don't want to pay for a year worth of hostel...

also since I am not exactly sure when I return (depends on finding work and money) how can I know when to book a return flight??

Additionally, will my employer need to submit paperwork for a social insurance (or other documentation) before I am able to start work and get paid?

thank you!

Stef 34 ans

Likes reçus
    Hi!

First of all, sorry for my english, Im a french canadian.

''How do I phrase this in my visa application? I intend to stay longer than 28 days but only have enough hostel booked for that time since I don't want to pay for a year worth of hostel...

also since I am not exactly sure when I return (depends on finding work and money) how can I know when to book a return flight??''

I can answer for this part of the question.
    In my case, I chose to stay for 6 months because I didn't know whether or not I wanted to come back home after living in France. So I have to write a Declaration d'honneur (Declaration of Honor or something like that) that says where I will leaved, how many times and that I keep enought money to come back since I can't buy it at that time.

They just want to be sure that you can go back home if something happens and they don't have to ''paid'' for you to come back home and that you have backup plans if something happens. Hope I help and no worries, for the moment, I never heard somebody get denied for the visa. Especially, if you are overprepared!

FRANÇAIS

Bonjour!

Premièrement, désolée si mon anglais est bancale, je suis Canadienne Francophone (Québécoise).

Pour ce qui est de ta question, je peux répondre qu'à celle-ci. Dans mon cas, je suis partie que 6 mois parce que je ne savais pas si j'allais rester plus longtemps ou non après mon expérience française. J'ai donc dû écrire une déclaration d'honneur (ou une lettre dans le genre) qui disais où je vivais, pour combien de temps et que j'allais garder assez d'argent pour pouvoir payer mon billet de retour.

En fait, la seule chose qu'ils ont besoin de savoir c'est que si quelques chose arrive ils n'ont pas besoin de payer pour que tu puisse revenir à la maison et que tu as des plans en backup si quelques choses arrive.

J'espère avoir aider. Et ne t'inquiète pas! Pour le moment, je n'ai jamais entendu quelqu'un recevoir un refus de demande de visa. Surtout si tu es surpérarer!