Discussion: Proof of work

Liza 27 ans

Likes reçus
    I'm on Visa Vacances travail France, I found a job and applied for titre de sejour but my visa has ended and my employer asks me to give him a proof that I can work while I'm waiting for my titre de sejour. How can I prove that I can work?

Anonyme
    Hey,

The visa vacances travail act as a "titre de sejour" and is one of the visa that don't need to go through the approval of Direccte/ofii, so your employer just need to do a DPAE (pre approval job form) and send it to the URSSAF.

https://travail-emploi.gouv.fr/IMG/p...a_14738_01.pdf

They will ask you for your "N° Sécurité sociale" since you probably don't have one. They can put "premier emploi" ("first job") or create a fictive one just to identify you.

That form needs to be sent 8 days prior to your job starts.

You can show him this document. (page 5)
    https://circulaires.legifrance.gouv..../cir_39718.pdf

"2• le VLS-T permet il son titulaire d'entrer, de séjourner et de travailler à titreaccessoire dès son arrivée sur le territoire français."
    Means you can work day 1 when you are in France without any other documents.

Anonyme
    Salut,
    je pense qu'il te faut faire une Autorisation provisoire de séjour (APS)
    https://www.jurifiable.com/conseil-j...oire-de-sejour

tu peux te renseigner à la préfecture étranger.

Liza 27 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de etolarian
    Hey,

The visa vacances travail act as a "titre de sejour" and is one of the visa that don't need to go through the approval of Direccte/ofii, so your employer just need to do a DPAE (pre approval job form) and send it to the URSSAF.

https://travail-emploi.gouv.fr/IMG/p...a_14738_01.pdf

They will ask you for your "N° Sécurité sociale" since you probably don't have one. They can put "premier emploi" ("first job") or create a fictive one just to identify you.

That form needs to be sent 8 days prior to your job starts.

You can show him this document. (page 5)
    https://circulaires.legifrance.gouv..../cir_39718.pdf

"2• le VLS-T permet il son titulaire d'entrer, de séjourner et de travailler à titreaccessoire dès son arrivée sur le territoire français."
    Means you can work day 1 when you are in France without any other documents.
    Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I think it's very clear, but do you know if the same rules apply if I am from Russia?

I heard that procedure might be different.

Anonyme
    The document is for the Canada-France agreement but the procedure is the same for you yes.

Since the russian PVT is for 4 months, you renew it for 12 months with a APS. The APS is the same, it's a paper that gives you the right to work and is a "titre de séjour".

Liza 27 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de etolarian
    The document is for the Canada-France agreement but the procedure is the same for you yes.

Since the russian PVT is for 4 months, you renew it for 12 months with a APS. The APS is the same, it's a paper that gives you the right to work and is a "titre de séjour".
    The problem is I didn't do APS and I applied at Prefecture (in the 17th) and they gave a rendezvous for Cite ( for the end of October) for "titre de sejour".
    My 4 months visa has expired in May and I don't know if I can still apply for APS if I don't have valid visa but only the Convocation for rendezvous in October.
    What can I do in this circumstances?
    Thank you

Anonyme
    Usually when you go in a prefecture to renew a visa or obtain a "titre de sejour" they give you a paper called "récépissé" ("receipt") if they are asking you to come back later for it. With that paper you can stay/work in France as well. But it depends what kind of "titre de sejour" you are asking. It might be available depending which one you are asking for. I would go back there for sure to have more information.

Qu'est-ce qu'un récépissé de demande de titre de séjour ? | service-public.fr

Liza 27 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de etolarian
    Usually when you go in a prefecture to renew a visa or obtain a "titre de sejour" they give you a paper called "récépissé" ("receipt") if they are asking you to come back later for it. With that paper you can stay/work in France as well. But it depends what kind of "titre de sejour" you are asking. It might be available depending which one you are asking for. I would go back there for sure to have more information.

Qu'est-ce qu'un récépissé de demande de titre de séjour ? | service-public.fr
    They didn't give me récépissé. Only Convocation

Muriel

Likes reçus
    9 585
    Maybe @Marie could help you but I fear that she left for a few days of off...

Anonyme
    If your visa has expired and you're not eligible for an APS, I'm not sure you still have the right to work in France... It's not possible to change from a WHV to a titre de séjour, as the WHV is a temporary visa that cannot be transformed into anything else in France (rare exceptions I've seen are if someone got married to a French national and applied to stay - but for any kind of transformation to a work visa you need to return to your home country).

Marie 38 ans

Likes reçus
    9 702
    Message de LizaY
    They didn't give me récépissé. Only Convocation
    Unfortunatly, I don't really have information about that.

Russians are not in the same position as Canadians.
    For you, the "circulaire" that concerns you is that one : https://expat-elan.fr/images/10-text...CL1130111C.pdf

In your situation, you should have applied for a "Autorisation Provisoire de Travail" and then for an APS (Autorisation PRovisoire de Séjour). I don't know if you can read French, but the part that concerns you is the Annexe 9.

Liza 27 ans

Likes reçus
    Hello,
    Thank you everyone for the answers. As of Friday I got my APS.
    Now my employer is asking for Social Security, as I understand with PVT visa (being Russian) I am not allowed to have Social Security in France. Is that true? If so, what is the insurance I can obtain?
    Thank you