Anonyme
    Ok, I know that the english for PVT is WHP (Work Holiday Program). But as an person, how can we introduce ourself ? Are we temporary foreign worker, international worker/professional (sounds bad but I see a lot of International Student) ? Anything else... ?

Thank you !

Carole 48 ans

Likes reçus
    I think you would say that you are in Canada a temporary working permit or with a working holiday visa. There is no real equivalent for the word "pvtiste" which is actually not a real word per se.

Marie 38 ans

Likes reçus
    9 704
    You can say "working holiday maker(s)" as they say in Australia

Myriam Sara 37 ans

Likes reçus
    I'd say "WHV holder"

Anonyme
    Thank you so much for your answers.
    I was just wondering if an english-speaking person would understand those words. I don't question their accuracy, not at all. But when my WHP application was accepted and I spread the news around me in France : "J'ai obtenu mon PVT !!!", no one really knew what I was talking about... Is it the same over there ?
    By the way, thanks to you gunterinella, I know now the correct spelling for "per se" (always thought it was "per say")

Florence 36 ans

Likes reçus
    I second lallamira.
    "WHV holder" or "Working Holiday Visa holder" works perfectly fine.
    You could also say "I'm here on a Working Holiday Visa/WHV".
    However, I guess you have to be there on a WHV to know what WHV actually means.
    Or you could also say... "I'm a hardworking tourist!"

WHATEVER you do, don't say: "I'm a French tourist (and I've come here to steal you guys' jobs.)" They might kick you out.

And yeah, "per se" is Latin for "in itself" :-)
    Dernière modification par Flotastic ; 22/02/11 à 22:41.

Carole 48 ans

Likes reçus
    Glad I helped with the "per se" spelling !
    As in France, few ppl here know about the WH visa or Program. So this is why I was just saying to people that I had a temporary working permit, to avoid confusion and questions.