Matthew

Likes reçus
    Hello, my name is Matthew and I'm Canadian.

I'm trying to book the appointment with VFS in order to work in France BUT... My situation is becoming very complicated.

1. At the moment I am in France with my girlfriend who is a French citizen and it has been 1 month since I have been here.

2. I have a job and I was supposed to start in May but it requires me to have a working holiday visa. The biggest issue is I am 35 years of age and I have until my birthday in June to have my application approved.

This is my last chance to obtain a working holiday visa because of my age and I also only have 2 more months until I have to leave France.

What I wanted to know is:

- will I be able to still apply for my visa after my birthday because of the current situation if France doesn't accept visa applications until later in the year?

- is there another visa option I can apply for to live in France?

- if you don't have the information could you tell me who to contact and how?

Thank you

Camille 28 ans

Likes reçus
    Hi Matthew!!
    My Canadian boyfriend came to France too but not with the same visa, so I am sorry I can’t help on that..

But I had my VFS appointment booked for the 16th of March and they told me to check every week if it was possible to book the appointment because they don’t have the date of reopening yet. They also said that the IRCC would be really understand so I would say let’s stay hopeful for your situation, they might take into account the fact that you started on time your application️🤞️️🤞️
    I wish you luck and hope it will workout!!

Matthew

Likes reçus
    Message de Camillegodet
    Hi Matthew!!
    My Canadian boyfriend came to France too but not with the same visa, so I am sorry I can’t help on that..

But I had my VFS appointment booked for the 16th of March and they told me to check every week if it was possible to book the appointment because they don’t have the date of reopening yet. They also said that the IRCC would be really understand so I would say let’s stay hopeful for your situation, they might take into account the fact that you started on time your application️🤞️️🤞️
    I wish you luck and hope it will workout!!
    Hey Camille !!

I just wanted to say thank you so much for even responding. Also what you said in the post was uplifting. I still do have some hope and we'll just have to see how long it takes.

Thank you again and if things change I'll definitely send an update to this thread