Vincent 41 ans

Likes reçus
    Hello everyone,

I'm a Canadian currently on a working holiday visa in France and I'm looking to renew it as I'm approaching the 2 months before as they said.
    However as I was under the impression I just needed to arrive with my passport and visa.. as it says :

Les bénéficiaires du PVT Programme Vacances Travail Titulaires d’un « visa long séjour temporaire », ils ne sont soumis à aucune autre formalité si ce n’est de se présenter à la préfecture de leur lieu de résidence, deux mois avant la fin de validité du visa et de demander, s’ils le souhaitent, l’autorisation de prolonger leur séjour.)

The first time I went to the prefecture they told me I just need to come in with my passport, but I came in again more recently and they were unsure of the conditions required so they gave me a sheet :

Liste de pieces justificatives pour la deliverance d'une titre de sejour : CST.5 Etudiant - APS recherche d'emploi apres un master - Stagiaire.

Now clearly this isn't the right document / list.. But they are demand "un extrait d'acte de naissance avec filiation ou une copie intégral d'acte de naissance"
    As well as a work contract..
    As my French isn't the best I thought this meant a copy is fine, however I'm finding out now that in fact I need the real version and legalized / translated into French!!? I only have a copy of my birth certificate as the original is in Canada and also I don't think it's legalized. Should this in fact be a required document?

And also as I thought it wasn't required, I'm basically on the border of the 2 months. I can have my mother get me the birth certificate but it will take a few days, possibly 10.. Does it strictly have to be 2 months before or can it be a few days after. They are very unclear about this. And 3 months before was "too early".

And also concerning the work contract.. I don't have this either as I'm a graphic artist and I just work online. Wtf ?!

Annaïk 38 ans

Likes reçus
    1 838
    Message de VincentF7
    Liste de pieces justificatives pour la deliverance d'une titre de sejour : CST.5 Etudiant - APS recherche d'emploi apres un master - Stagiaire.
    Hi Vincent,

I agree with you, this doesn't seem the right document.
    In which prefecture did you go? Depending on the department they don't ask the same documents...
    @Marie, can you help?

Vincent 41 ans

Likes reçus
    Well now they are only asking Birth certificate + proof of financial resources. However they demand it in Euros but my bank account is Canadian. They said to have it converted by a person who does that stuff. However we called the place that does translations and they said they aren't legally allowed to change the numbers into Euros. My bank in Canada can't give it in Euros either. How stupid. hahahahah. Hopefully I receive my birth certificate in time as it's being sent from Canada.

Marie 38 ans

Likes reçus
    9 705
    Message de VincentF7
    Well now they are only asking Birth certificate + proof of financial resources. However they demand it in Euros but my bank account is Canadian. They said to have it converted by a person who does that stuff. However we called the place that does translations and they said they aren't legally allowed to change the numbers into Euros. My bank in Canada can't give it in Euros either. How stupid. hahahahah. Hopefully I receive my birth certificate in time as it's being sent from Canada.
    Hello Vincent,

Regarding your financial ressources, do you have only what you need to apply for a second visa, or do you have more money that what they expect (2 500 euros) ? Maybe you could ask your Canadian bank to only write down what is the exchange rate euros/CAD on their proof of financial ressources. They wouldn't change the sum in euro, but they will show what a Canadian dollar worth compared to a euro... Ask them to write the proof of financial resources in French !...

If they ask for a legalisation of you Canadian birth certificate, you can get one at the Canadian Embassy in Paris : Assistance to Canadians

Hanna

Likes reçus
    Message de VincentF7
    Vincent, what ended up happening with your WHV situation here?