Likes reçus
    I think its better to watch Tv on english and maybe with french subtilites

Julie

Likes reçus
    5 198
    Definitely !

I heard the other day that the most popular TV show in the US right now was "The big bang theory".

I really like it but sometimes, I just can't watch it anymore, I'm kind of fed up with the geek atmosphere

Do you guys watch it ?

Muriel

Likes reçus
    9 585
    Yes, and as my partner download it quite not legally, I watch it in english. Not always easy to follow all the jokes...

Alexandre 38 ans

Likes reçus
    For big bang, i think it's good to have french subtitles so you can understand references and jokes.

Charly 33 ans

Likes reçus
    Totally agree with you guys is better to watch TV in english with subtitles if you are bad like me lol ; and without it if you have a better level.
    For exemple Big Bang Theory and How i met your mother i just cannot whatch it in French ! We cannot understand jokes because sometimes it cannot be translate..

Likes reçus
    I watch TV in french, but in the computer, i watch the serie in english whit the subtiles.
    When i watch the simpsons, i understand 80% of the episode, but when i watch south park.. i understand 10-20% of the episode..

Damien 38 ans

Likes reçus
    it doesnt matter if u dont understand everything, we are not at school, the most important thing is to try

Julie

Likes reçus
    5 198
    Yes but when you really like a TV show and its characters, you're kind of frustrated when you don't understand a joke, you'd like to get them all to enjoy the episode as much as possible

Anonyme
    I think watching TV with English subtitles is the BEST way to learn and the most relaxing. I noticed as I got better that sometimes the subtitles are different from what's being said but that is a small thing. They should make kids do this in school.

Kévin

Likes reçus
    My shows list is endless but to make a Top 10, there are ( In order or interest ) :

Once Upon a Time
    American Horror Story
    Grimm
    Alphas
    Revolution
    Haven
    Arrow ( The new serie about the DC Comics Hero Green Arrow )
    The Listener ( A serie in Toronto )
    The new Misfits Season 4
    and of course the last season of Fringe...

I've just finished Dr House Season 8 and finale...

What else for you guys ?

Flo 43 ans

Likes reçus
    Understand tv series in English is not just about the language (which is hard enough). There are often a lot of references to popular culture (pop culture), things that we don't necessarily know about in France/Belgium.

Flo 43 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Theblur
    My shows list is endless but to make a Top 10, there are ( In order or interest ) :

Once Upon a Time
    American Horror Story
    Grimm
    Alphas
    Revolution
    Haven
    Arrow ( The new serie about the DC Comics Hero Green Arrow )
    The Listener ( A serie in Toronto )
    The new Misfits Season 4
    and of course the last season of Fringe...

I've just finished Dr House Season 8 and finale...

What else for you guys ?
    Game of Thrones (violent though)
    The Walking Dead
    Community
    Doctor Who

And some old series like Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Veronica Mars (season 1 mostly), etc. So many series to watch and so little time.

Catherine 38 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de petit_rhino
    And some old series like Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Veronica Mars (season 1 mostly), etc. So many series to watch and so little time.
    Veronica Mars ! (the first season is definitely the best ! ) I like ER (Urgences) or CSI (les Experts) too. I prefer the English version without subtitles or with English subtitles only. With French subtitles, I find it disturbing: you spend more time reading the subtitles rather than trying to understand what they say. However, I won't have enough time until my departure to watch all episodes of ER and CSI !

Even if I'm not sure the vocabulary they use in ER can be really useful for me in Australia. Neither the CSI one. At least I hope I won't have to use it . Veronica Mars would be more useful. Let's go for season 1 !

Alexandre 38 ans

Likes reçus
    Vikings!!!! So awesome with ragnar lothbrok!!!

The show has just started a feq weeks ago!

Envoyé depuis l'app pvtistes.net

Dan 33 ans

Likes reçus
    Hi! I watch TV Shows in english too. At start it was for the language of course. But in time, this became about the voice dubbing that is sometimes bad in french. Now I can't watch series in French, I love english too much. Even when I go to cinema, I choose the VO.
    About subtitles, I started with French, then with english and sometimes without but that is still hard to understand everything, this is more about the accent or how the actors speak than what they say.
    And recently, I watch some movies in VO that I had already saw in French. Like in books, I discover differences between the versions. There is also the names who can be not pronounced the same way, by exemple with Hermione who is said in english "Hermaillony" (I don't know how to write in phonetic).

stephane 31 ans

Likes reçus
    Do you know this wonderful serie who's half medieval and half fantastic.
    With a lot of treason, charismatic character and wonderful story.

I think it's the best serie of the moment.
    I've watch too the serie Spartacus, The walking dead and arrow.

And you do you watch americans series?

Gaylord 36 ans

Likes reçus
    Do you have some advices where we can find TV shows with english subtitles ? Except Netflix, french catalog is quite old.

Julien 41 ans

Likes reçus
    If you are a pirate, which is against the law, you can go to eztv.ch for most shows and get the subtitles on tvsubtitles.net

Gaylord 36 ans

Likes reçus
    I know this solution but I was looking for TV show with VO build-in subtitles. Easier to play on my TV

40 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de GaylordD
    I know this solution but I was looking for TV show with VO build-in subtitles. Easier to play on my TV
    Hi GaylordD, I am not sure if you are familiar with the Google extension "Hola", which enables Google Chrome users to watch for free Netflix content from other countries (and other streaming services, US channels such as ABC, HBO, etc...). I am guessing you already have Netflix; after installing the extension just pick the country you would like to watch the content from and make sure to select subtitles.

Page 3 sur 4 1 2 3 4