Likes reçus
    Message de fiftywan
    The best time of the year to buy roses, for example, is any other day than Feb14th.

For the same amount of money, instead of one bouquet on V-day, you get two or three similiar in size that you can give throughout the year .
    Do you allow me to forward this message to my husband, may be it will give him some shiny idea !!!!

Likes reçus
    Be carefull! Special subject about V-Day (or 14th Februar)! Everyone can giving differents aspects a so lovely day!!

Thomas 36 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Stéph80
    Be carefull! Special subject about V-Day (or 14th Februar)! Everyone can giving differents aspects a so lovely day!!
    The 14th February it's the Valentine's day and the birthday of my girlfriend but I will be in the Canada without her :triste:

Matthieu

Likes reçus
    One thing that amuses me most, too, and it works in english but not in France, is that some people refer to it as V-Day, and sometimes VD, but VD stands for completely something else .
    VD in wikipedia...

Anthony

Likes reçus
    Wow cool a topic in English... I didnt read everything cuz it's Monday nite and i'm already laaazyyy. But anyhow it's cool to be able to speak English with our fellow pvtistes

Likes reçus
    Message de TiToTo
    The 14th February it's the Valentine's day and the birthday of my girlfriend but I will be in the Canada without her :triste:
    Hey same here ! But I was born the 12th and I will miss my boyfriend too during that days He's in Montreal, hope I can get the PVT ! If not I will go to Montreal in April anyway !

Matthieu

Likes reçus
    Oh, and since we're talking about VD, and there are some people who are doing a PVT in Japan, they probably should know that in Japan, the rule is that GIRLS give chocolates to BOYS on VD. There is a "chocolate scale", depending on how much they care for the boy who receives the chocolate. Lowest on the scale is the chocolate bought in a store. Highest on the scale will be the homemade chocolate.

But I can already predict all the girls screaming in anger there, that it's unfair and everything. In Japan, they celebrate March 14th as well, known as White Day, where it is the BOYS who have to return the favor to the girls. And the rule there is that the present given has to be worth at least twice what the girl gave to the boy. And I'm not talking "money" worth, but "feelings" worth... well, unless you want to break hearts, of course

Julie

Likes reçus
    5 198
    I didn't even notice there was a topic in english !!
    Nothing to say, but keep speaking english guys, next time I may have something to say and as I miss english, it'd be a pleasure for me

Likes reçus
    Hello,

We are on the way of spring but the winter was long and hard. I propose a tpoic about your winter and all problems you had, that can be very humoristic!!

See you

Matthieu

Likes reçus
    During winter, I travelled twice to Europe, once in Christmas, and once last week.

I wrote here about how I got delayed for several hours in Montréal, because the snow prevented the local pilots to go to work, so they were waiting for the Toronto pilots to fly over there.

And I wrote here about how because of a snow storm, I nearly missed my flight, and then the landing of my plane was cancelled, in Munich, and I arrived in Frankfurt, and my luggage didn't follow me correctly, and I ended up getting my luggage after 7 days.

Which reminded me of the following Quote from the discworld series:

Luck is my middle name. Mind you, my first name is Bad.

Likes reçus
    I used to like winter when I was in France, to miss it when I was in Dubai, but now ..... I know what means being cold (minus 50 for one week, nobody can ever forget it !:triste:!).
    The skate parties on the lakes, the ice fishing, the carslide ..........all of these small things we cannot find anywhere else (all at the same time I mean). Or, may be in Siberia !!

Now, I'm waiting for the spring but some people (or most of the ones I met actually) said to me that here, in Calgary, there is no spring. We jump from the winter to the summer in ............................................... june !:aie:!!!

But, I will be abble to say : I did it, and I'm glad, I still have all of my fingers !!!!

Likes reçus
    Small up, because an more people, more fun...

Matthieu

Likes reçus
    Hi all. Since we're now into April, it's a new month beginning.

I wrote about the origin of April fools' day here. Did you know that the tradition comes from France?

For this month's subject, I propose to talk about the best April Fools' Day pranks and jokes you've made, or someone made at you .

Likes reçus
    Je seche sur ton nouveau sujet !! meme en Francais !!

Matthieu

Likes reçus
    Bella: what? You don't even remember any april fools' prank?

I remember happily looking forward to the April magazines, so that I could search for them. I used to read "Science & Vie Junior" for example, and I remember one where they wrote an article about the discovery of a new dinosaur that didn't exist, and another one of a photo of a footprint on Mars, for example.

I laughed my a** off last year, when Gmail launched "Gmail paper", a service where they would print all your emails so that you can archive them .

And I burst out laughing at Google's TISP (Toilet Internet Service Provider), too

Likes reçus
    It's a tough subject, I didn't really make a joke for 'April fools day', Well when I was young I tried but it never worked.
    Go figure ! It was maybe all the same joke; Fish in the back....
    This year I even forgot

I don't read your article sorry but for what I know it was because of the calendar's change, If I'm remember well. Before, the new year began the 1st of april but that change for the 1st of january and because people give each other gift for the new year, the tradition with this change was modified in joke because people give false gift, it's something like that...

I don't know if i'm clear, my english is not really good :aie:

Matthieu

Likes reçus
    Jul'O, not far, but there's more to it than meets the eye .

that's what you get for not reading my articles

Likes reçus
    Ok after reading your article is more clear . So Thanks to the French and their joke, we are so influent *lol*

I'm sorry to ask you that but I don't really get it when you said "meets the eye"? I suppose it's kinda an expression

Cyrille

Likes reçus
    Hullo !

Just came across that section of the website.
    Interesting, and somewhat useful for many I assume.
    Keep it up !

So what's the May topic ?
    Now that the weather is getting better, should we share with others the best outdoor patios we'd recommend in our respective cities ? Best patios, or best espresso ! Hopefully that hasn't been addressed in another French discussion...

Matthieu

Likes reçus
    Jul'O: "there's more to it than meets the eye" means that sometimes, things are not what they look like they are.

You're right, it's an expression. And if we were on a topic in French, one could have said : "l'habit ne fait pas le moine". Hope it helps .

Best outdoor patio in Toronto, for me, the Zelda's, on Church & Wellington. They jugs of sweet fruity cocktails, for a very reasonable price . https://www.zeldas.ca

Page 4 sur 5 ... 2 3 4 5