Je me pose la même question (0)
Page 10 sur 16 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ...
    Marlène 38 ans

Likes reçus
    Yep
    This morning i was like, after 4pm i'm super uber happy or i cry. I did none of those but i keep a little hope.
    Thank you guys to cheer me up

Damien 35 ans

Likes reçus
    "How to relax ?" Fuck it ! I look for jobs IT in Québec. But it's not easy. I want to see an advert "ouz, we need you in our team". I'm not good in english, and when i watching adverts i don't have any skills.
    Nervertheless i try to learn and get more skills but it's late and continu to search.

Flo 43 ans

Likes reçus
    It's a long wait until the 3rd round of WHV (compared to the 2nd), but I'm drinking Brains (Welsh beer), relaxing on my laptop after a warm sunny day walking around Cardiff...

Life's not so bad.

Francois

Likes reçus
    2 534
    Message de ouzmotozolobombey
    "How to relax ?" Fuck it ! I look for jobs IT in Québec. But it's not easy. I want to see an advert "ouz, we need you in our team". I'm not good in english, and when i watching adverts i don't have any skills.
    Nervertheless i try to learn and get more skills but it's late and continu to search.
    Well as you're not going to Vancouver, I'll ask my contacts in Montreal to blacklist you. Sorry.

Damien 35 ans

Likes reçus
    No WHV ...

Flo 43 ans

Likes reçus
    No WHV ...
    Damn, I'm sorry to hear that.
    Same here. Number 10242, so pretty much no chance at all. I'm going to try Entry Express. I'm not giving up on Canada just yet and I'm hoping not to have to rely on next year's Working Holiday Visa. It promises to be even more of a lottery than it was this year.

Marlène 38 ans

Likes reçus
    Same here, 10113... I'm thinking about a YP and take a plane soon to find an employer

Flo 43 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Orca8
    Same here, 10113... I'm thinking about a YP and take a plane soon to find an employer
    Where do you plan to go? What kind of work are you looking for?

Marlène 38 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de petit_rhino
    Where do you plan to go? What kind of work are you looking for?
    Administrative assistant... I don't know yet if it will be Mtl or Québec. But something crazy had just happened today, someone sent me a message on Linkedin because my profile interests him. The company is in Montreal. I prefer to be cautious first, i'm gonna do some investigations. But this news cheered me up

Flo 43 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Orca8
    Administrative assistant... I don't know yet if it will be Mtl or Québec. But something crazy had just happened today, someone sent me a message on Linkedin because my profile interests him. The company is in Montreal. I prefer to be cautious first, i'm gonna do some investigations. But this news cheered me up
    That's awesome. I hope it works out for you.

Olivia 29 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Yoshi45
    Good point. First lesson: I want TO learn.

You can say:

I want a coffee. I want an apple. Canada wants YOU to go to Vancouver. (with a noun)

But with a verb it is different.

I want to drink a coffee. I want to eat an apple. You want to go to Vancouver.

Easy, isn't it?
    Are you an English teacher or are you simply an English grammar lover completely fluent ?

Francois

Likes reçus
    2 534
    Message de Lili_03
    Are you an English teacher or are you simply an English grammar lover completely fluent ?
    I made tutoring in the past, but I'm not a teacher at all. Just fluent enough to explain grammar rules from secondary school/hight school I guess^^

Olivia 29 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Yoshi45
    I made tutoring in the past, but I'm not a teacher at all. Just fluent enough to explain grammar rules from secondary school/hight school I guess^^
    Alright, well that's cool ! Do you think you need to be completely fluent to get a job or having some good oral and written skills can be okay ?

Francois

Likes reçus
    2 534
    Message de Lili_03
    Alright, well that's cool ! Do you think you need to be completely fluent to get a job or having some good oral and written skills can be okay ?

It depends, with a pretty low English level you can find a small job like barista, waitress, or in a call center, and it helps a lot to improve your English.

With a good level you can find a job in almost anything, it might take a bit of time, but you definitely can.

Olivia 29 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Yoshi45
    It depends, with a pretty low English level you can find a small job like barista, waitress, or in a call center, and it helps a lot to improve your English.

With a good level you can find a job in almost anything, it might take a bit of time, but you definitely can.
    I think my English is not that bad, I am currently performing my first year at the university in a Bachelor Degree specialized in English studies, I guess that's why ! But I am not proficient in every domains, I mean I'm able to speak in daily conversations but I'm not sure to be capable to understand specialized vocabulary...
    I presume this is the same thing for every foreign incomer, but this is always scary...

Damien 35 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de petit_rhino
    Damn, I'm sorry to hear that.
    Same here. Number 10242, so pretty much no chance at all. I'm going to try Entry Express. I'm not giving up on Canada just yet and I'm hoping not to have to rely on next year's Working Holiday Visa. It promises to be even more of a lottery than it was this year.
    Message de Orca8
    Good luck

Romain

Likes reçus
    2 558
    Did you try to look at "Journées Quebec" in Paris ?

Journées Québec - Accueil

Damien 35 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Cazman

Yes.

I think I should have looked for a job several months ago and not wait WHV.

Damien 35 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Cazman

Do you work in job computing Cazman ?

Flo 43 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Yoshi45
    I made tutoring in the past
    FYI it's 'I did tutoring'

Message de Lili_03
    But I am not proficient in every domains
    NO ONE is proficient in every domain. All jobs have their specific vocabulary. It's the same in France.
    What you can do now is try to improve your vocabulary for the type of jobs you'd want to do, so you'll be more comfortable when you start looking for a job.

Page 10 sur 16 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ...