Je me pose la même question (0)
Page 12 sur 16 ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ...
    isa
    isa est déconnecté
    isa

Likes reçus
    5 703
    Message de petit_rhino
    My own definition is a person who speaks both languages as well and also knows the country's culture (expressions, references to specific tradition or media...).
    Not sure what the official definition is though.
    The thing is I'm not sure that is that common. Even my friend who grow up with dual citizenship (french - spanish), she knows the cultures, both the languages but she has one where she's more at ease with. It's pretty rare to find people as fluent in both languages.
    I was over exagerrating when I said "cul de jatte" but that's the example of a word somebody knows in one language, and rarely in the other one!

Flo 43 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de isa
    The thing is I'm not sure that is that common. Even my friend who grow up with dual citizenship (french - spanish), she knows the cultures, both the languages but she has one where she's more at ease with. It's pretty rare to find people as fluent in both languages.
    I was over exagerrating when I said "cul de jatte" but that's the example of a word somebody knows in one language, and rarely in the other one!
    You're right. And people can be more comfortable in on language or the other depending on the topic of conversation. But I stand by my imperfect definition nevertheless.

I see what you mean with 'cul de jatte' but sometimes there's no perfect translation. You could say legless person or double leg-amputee, but the nuances aren't the same.
    Personally it's why I hate doing translation work, it's more 'interpretation' than exact translation.

Damien 35 ans

Likes reçus
    My dears pévéteur and pévéteuse, I need your help !!

I write a cover letter for a company in toronto. The advance is in french but i thing it's not bad if i write her in english. So if somebody can me help.. ty so much!

Having looked on the Internet for the opportunities to work in Canada, I look for actively an IT job as IT technician support. Wishing to be immersed in the Canadian culture socially and professionnaly I have the ambition to obtain a working visa to invest me completely in this expatraiation and in your company.

Actually i'm an exploitation (or operating, i search the good equivalent) technician for 3 years to proservia, subsidiary of the world famous group, Manpower. I make monitoring and
    operating dailys tasks in staggered hours for clients with world standing (je sais pas si c'est correct pour réputation mondiale),in the the banking and insurances, textiles and cosmetics industries.
    I keep watch the workflow of the technicals incidents wich are opens by our department either by the client and his users.
    I have at my disposal a list of proceedings allowing me according to our scope of action to etablish a first diagnostic, to solve the technical incident or to inform the appropriate department. As a result of the diversity of the environments and the working politics of the various clients I have to show relevance, reactivity, and good judgement. This is my first significant experience in this domain and I wish to put into practice my working experience in a company in Canada.
    I'm aware that this goal is long and difficult but the passion for the journey and my curiosity are 2 pillars of my motivation. It's important for me to understand the wealth of the canadian culture to understand this new environment and to have new look on this world wich surrounds me.

Looking forward to your response, yours sincerely,

ouzmoutouzouloubouloubombé

Flo 43 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de ouzmotozolobombey
    My dears pévéteur and pévéteuse, I need your help !!
    Well first (or last), signing with your official name would be a good idea.

If you have the name of the person start with it, otherwise it's Dear Sir or Madam.
    What is in bold I'm not too sure of. Please explain what you mean by that? It's mostly the technical stuff that I'm unsure of.
    No contraction in cover letters!! I am not I'm
    Actually does not mean actuellement
    What do you mean by relevance?

Hope that helps!

I have been actively searching for work opportunities in Canada, specifically an IT job as IT technician support. My goal is to immerse myself in the Canadian culture, both socially and professionally. For this I plan to obtain a work permit and invest myself completely in immigrating to Canada and in your company.

For the past three years I have been working as an operating technician for Proservia, subsidiary of the world famous group, Manpower.
    I make monitoring and operating dailys tasks in staggered hours for clients with world standing (je sais pas si c'est correct pour réputation mondiale),in the the banking and insurances, textiles and cosmetics industries.
    I keep watch the workflow of the technicals incidents wich are opens by our department either by the client and his users.
    I have at my disposal a list of proceedings allowing me according to our scope of action to etablish a first diagnostic, to solve the technical incident or to inform the appropriate department
    . The diversity of working environments and politics of my various clients have helped improve my reactivity, and good judgement. This is my first significant experience in this domain and I wish to put into practice my working experience in a company in Canada.

I am fully aware that achieving this goal will be long and difficult but passion for the journey and curiosity are two pillars of my motivation. Understanding the wealth of the Canadian culture and new working environment is important to me to broaden my perspective on the world which surrounds me.

I looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Damien 35 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de petit_rhino
    Hope that helps!
    TY.

I work tonight so i'll look that tomorrow. See you.

Lyrian 35 ans

Likes reçus
    Hello
    i'm Lyrian, I live in Grasse in South East France and for july 2016 i go to Vancouver )))
    I search people go at Vancouver. It's cool of create any contact and see after over there..

Sorry for my english but it's my reason of this depart in Vancouver... ^^
    See you

Damien 35 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Yoshi45
    Well as you're not going to Vancouver
    Of course yes !!!! Tadaaaam Poupeii Liloo and ouzmoutouzouloubouloubombey are in da place. We got here yesterday in Surrey. Now we waiting for you for few beers. C U.

Julie

Likes reçus
    5 198
    Message de Lyr_Cor
    Hello
    i'm Lyrian, I live in Grasse in South East France and for july 2016 i go to Vancouver )))
    I search people go at Vancouver. It's cool of create any contact and see after over there..

See you
    It's good you're coming here to write in English, it looks like you're super-motivated to improve your skills

Lyrian 35 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Lilou
    It's good you're coming here to write in English, it looks like you're super-motivated to improve your skills
    Hey ! thank you Lilou, yes it's not easy to do the first step... But i knows how my travel will be important for my speak learning. i want to try work in my sector (graphist 3D Industrie) so i haven't a choice...
    I have my ticket for Vancouver . I'll go on June 20!!! I'm so excited... And i'm scary too...

Julie

Likes reçus
    5 198
    Message de Lyr_Cor
    Hey ! thank you Lilou, yes it's not easy to do the first step... But i knows how my travel will be important for my speak learning. i want to try work in my sector (graphist 3D Industrie) so i haven't a choice...
    I have my ticket for Vancouver . I'll go on June 20!!! I'm so excited... And i'm scary too...
    You're scared You may be "scary" but I hope you're not

Lyrian 35 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Lilou
    You're scared You may be "scary" but I hope you're not
    Oups ! Yes i'm scared !! "Scary" it's not a verb...

thk

Flo 43 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Lyr_Cor
    Hello

See you
    That's great! Congratulations on buying your plane ticket and on choosing Vancouver. It will be a great way to improve your English quickly. I am planning to go to Vancouver as well, although I don't know when yet.

Message de ouzmotozolobombey
    Of course yes !!!! Tadaaaam Poupeii Liloo and ouzmoutouzouloubouloubombey are in da place. We got here yesterday in Surrey. Now we waiting for you for few beers. C U.
    How do you like Vancouver / Surrey so far?

Anonyme
    Hello,

Happy to join you here and to practice my English with you all!

I have a WHV (lucky me ) ) and I'm planning to go to Toronto. I haven't bought my plane ticket yet but I'll probably go to Toronto on july or september.

I've been to Vancouver once (I visited a friend of mine) and I enjoyed being there, it was really great. But I'm not sure I'd like to live there on a daily basis. I've never been to Toronto but I feel like this city is for me (but if that's not the case I'll go somewhere else!)

I'd like to become perfectly fluent in English so Montreal is definitly not for me because they speak french (and because there are too many french people! ).

Flo 43 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de lingi
    Hello,

Happy to join you here and to practice my English with you all!

I have a WHV (lucky me ) ) and I'm planning to go to Toronto. I haven't bought my plane ticket yet but I'll probably go to Toronto on july or september.

I've been to Vancouver once (I visited a friend of mine) and I enjoyed being there, it was really great. But I'm not sure I'd like to live there on a daily basis. I've never been to Toronto but I feel like this city is for me (but if that's not the case I'll go somewhere else!)

I'd like to become perfectly fluent in English so Montreal is definitly not for me because they speak french (and because there are too many french people! ).
    Congratulations on getting a WHV!

Why do you think you would dislike living in Vancouver?

Anonyme
    Message de petit_rhino
    Congratulations on getting a WHV!

Why do you think you would dislike living in Vancouver?
    Thanks!

When I was in Vancouver I had lot of fun with my friend and it was really relaxing to be there. I think that if you like to chill out and to be close to nature, Vancouver is the place to be.

I enjoyed it for holidays but I would like to live in a city with more "rythm" (I don't know how to explain it). That said I stayed in Vancouver 3 weeks and it was 2 years ago. Maybe if I go back there and stay longer, my opinion about the city will change. And if I found a job there I will go even if it's not my first choice.

Also I'd like to be in a more cosmopolitan city.

Are you still waiting for your WHV? If so I wish you good luck
    Dernière modification par lingi ; 17/03/16 à 23:27.

Flo 43 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de lingi
    Thanks!

When I was in Vancouver I had lot of fun with my friend and it was really relaxing to be there. I think that if you like to chill out and to be close to nature, Vancouver is the place to be.

I enjoyed it for holidays but I would like to live in a city with more "rythm" (I don't know how to explain it). That said I stayed in Vancouver 3 weeks and it was 2 years ago. Maybe if I go back there and stay longer, my opinion about the city will change. And if I found a job there I will go even if it's not my first choice.

Also I'd like to be in a more cosmopolitan city.

Are you still waiting for your WHV? If so I wish you good luck
    I see. This is exactly why I want to go to Vancouver, because I like to chill out and explore nature. Toronto would probably be to fast-paced and crowded for me, but if you're a city person, I'm sure you'll love it.

I didn't get the WHV last year so I applied for permanent residency instead... and got it. All I need to do now is move to Canada.

Remy 38 ans

Likes reçus
    Good afternoon everyone, hoping you're gonna be allright there.

So am I, I have the WPT (to give much information about it, it's the second time I get this " precious " thing) and I'll go to Toronto once more.
    So, to know other parts in Canada ain't a bad thing for sure...but for me, Toronto is a very nice and charming place.
    I made a lot of contacts there and I appreciated the city.

I'll do all my best to have a better level in English (because I love languages) but I won't stay focused on this language.
    Why ? Because I know other languages and I know a few words in other languages.

Francois

Likes reçus
    2 534
    Message de RemyT
    Good afternoon everyone, hoping you're gonna be allright there.

So am I, I have the WPT (to give much information about it, it's the second time I get this " precious " thing) and I'll go to Toronto once more.
    So, to know other parts in Canada ain't a bad thing for sure...but for me, Toronto is a very nice and charming place.
    I made a lot of contacts there and I appreciated the city.

I'll do all my best to have a better level in English (because I love languages) but I won't stay focused on this language.
    Why ? Because I know other languages and I know a few words in other languages.
    WPT? Do you mean the translation of PVT? THen it becomes WHV (working holiday visa).

Remy 38 ans

Likes reçus
    Message de Yoshi45
    WPT? Do you mean the translation of PVT? THen it becomes WHV (working holiday visa).
    Affirmative, I taped too fast :I..." WHV " and not " WPT ".

Likes reçus
    1 129
    Hi everyone,

Thanks to the Vancouver Official Ambassador, this is the first time I've seen this thread. Even though I'm more interested in Toronto (please don't break my leg ), I've been through all pages and I think it's a great initiative you had here. Anyway, I'm still in the WHV pool waiting for an invite to come since I don't have the same chance as lingi or RemyT. There are still lots of spots available along the year to have faith though

Page 12 sur 16 ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ...